Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fun Facts About Moi


So you think you know me?? But did you knowww....

1) I have a blue-tongue skink named Reptar. He's roughly 7 years old and I've had him for two years. The poor guy has been abused in the past. His first owner didn't feed him, his second owner chopped off his fingers, his third owner was GREAT and couldn't keep him, and now he is my little buddy. 

2) When I read books, I often become so consumed by them that I end up acting like the main character of the book. I try to read a really light and fluffy book right after I finish something dark.
3) I have clubbed thumbs. If you've ever watched Transformers and saw Megan Fox's weird thumbs, that's what mine look like. I look just like Megan Fox.
4) My guilty pleasure is The Bachelor franchise. The Kardashians make me stabby. I think most of the Real Housewives look like they could be their husband's mothers. But The Bachelor? Hot people feeling entitled to love by other hot people? I'm all about it.
bachelor
5) I'm a feminist. I hate the reputation that feminists have as "man-hating". A feminist is just this: someone who believes women should have equal rights to men. If you share this idea and want a laugh, go to twitter and follow @notofeminism. It's satire and it's hysterical.


6) I met my boyfriend on Tinder. We found love in a hopeless place.

7) My favorite band is The Beatles. John Lennon is my spirit animal.
8) I obtained most of my jewelry from deceased relatives. None of it is real, but they still mean a lot to me.

Blurry pic I took of Mike Birbiglia
9) I have a disorder called Trichotillomania. It's a form of OCD where a person plucks their hair out without even noticing or with an inability to stop. I am really lucky because it was never as bad as other cases. I talk to women in a support group who wear wigs. I mostly plucked my eyelashes growing up and I wore falsies through most of my senior year. It's something I still struggle with in phases, but I've gotten a LOT better at controlling it.

10) I'm a comedy junkie. Some of my favorites are Mitch Hedberg, Lucille Ball, Louis CK, John Mullaney, Conan O'Brien, Mike Birbiglia, Jim Gaffighan, Aziz Ansari, Amy Shumer, Daniel Tosh, Hannibal Buress and Bill Burr. 


I hope you enjoyed this revealing insight into my life, dear reader! xo

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have this comical way of writing, it really makes me want to keep reading. and also I agree, Mitch Hedberg is hilarious.

    Arica, xxo
    www.varnakandlollies.com

    ReplyDelete