Monday, September 3, 2012

Thirst for Health

  Well, my two week water challenge is over! I determined that the first week, I was given regular tap water. The second week, I had the kangen. Aside from the taste, I didn't really feel a difference (Kangan water definitely tastes infinitely better than "purified" tap). However, I did experience some changes in my body and my life!
    -Drinking water constantly made me feel full. I didn't get hungry as often as I used to.
    -I definitely dropped some pounds. I may have mentioned in my previous post that iced-tea used to be my go-to drink. Ditching all that sugar (and resisting the temptation of alcoholic beverages) made me appear more lean than I've been in quite a while.
    -It got a lot easier to drink copious amounts of water. The more accustomed I became to drinking it, the more refreshing it became. Definitely quenched my thirst better than any other beverage.
    -My skin looks fantastic! If only someone had told me in 7th grade what a positive effect that water could have on my skin! It's so hydrated and clear. The other day I was out in the city with some friends. It was nasty and humid. They told me that the water definitely had an effect on me because despite the heat, I wasn't too oily lookin'.
    -Maybe it's in my head, but I doubt it; my running times got increasingly more awesome. I dropped ten whole minutes off my 7-mile run. That's ridiculous. I just felt better and stronger.
    -I had some CRAZY dreams. This was probably the only real downer of the whole experiment. It was easy to get to sleep, but I didn't want to because my dreams were pretty stupid and bad every single night. I hear it was the lack of caffeine.

   Soooo if you want REALLY delicious water, go with the Kangan. But I promise if you replace some of the things you drink with water, any kind of water, you will feel better in your beautified, glowing skin! I will not be going back to iced tea as a primary beverage, but I will no longer deprive myself of my morning cup o' joe.

   Tomorrow I leave for LA! I'm all packed and beyond ready to get out of here. When I come back, I have a LOT to do- my Women & Weights class starts up right when I get back and since a lot of people are heading back to the gym, I will definitely be picking up some new lovely clients. On one hand, I can't wait!!! On the other, all that can wait til I'm back from the west coast ;)
   Til I return, keep being active and start drinking tons of water! Your body will thank you and you'll be glad you did, I promise. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment