Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"My water is healthier than yours!!!"

  Do you drink enough water? Do you drink tap? Bottled? Do you get the recommended amount each day? Most of us don't. But if we did, we could experience headache reduction, an increase in energy, healthier skin, decreased risk in heart attacks/cancer and weight loss. All you have to do is replace your high caloric beverages with some water.
  So about 10 months ago, my darling granny (who lives down stairs from me) purchased a Kangen Water machine. They say it's supposed to make you experience all those great things I mentioned earlier and MORE. For instance, if you're hurt, your body could heal itself faster. What this machine does is turn our nasty, acidic tap water into alkaline water. It's also said to contain living ions that will give you more energy, as the water is then "living". This sounds interesting enough, because our bodies are made up mostly of water. Every chemical process that goes on in our bodies happens because water is the universal solvent that can allow them to take place. So wouldn't you want the best possible water in your cells?
  The real question on my mind is: IS this the best possible water? Is it really capable of aiding our bodies faster than regular water?
  Well, I'd like to find out. For the next two weeks, I am replacing every beverage I usually drink with water. And to really figure out if the Kangen water is better, my assistant (mom) is filling a pitcher of water and not telling me which type it is. The next week, she will switch. I will see if I feel any differences.
   It's not really the most scientific experiment; I don't have a designated amount that I'm drinking. Also, two weeks is a pretty short time. But I go on vacation Sept 4th and this is an awesome way to keep my mind off of the anticipation of getting away. PLUS it definitely won't hurt in my quest to look stellar in my dress, so I win anyway. And if I'm ONLY drinking water, surely I will be able to tell if there is a real difference.
   So far, I've felt differences in my body from all the water-intake. 1) Severe depression from quitting coffee cold-turkey 2) I've found it easier to run. Definitely increased energy there. 3) I pee a LOT more.  (as this experiment unfolds, I promise I won't keep you posted on my peeing frequency.)
     Anyway, I am off to the movies. Time to stash a bottle of mystery water into an oversized purse like a delinquent.

No comments:

Post a Comment